It's so huge and so packed with goodness about Social Media Management Systems (SMMS) that I couldn't do it justice in three bullet points. I extracted three choice quotes below.
- "Corporations should not jump into social media without a clear goal...Instead align goals towards business objectives." (p. 23)
- "Unlike one-way marketing of yester-year, company must be ready to engage with negative conversations, often taking them head-on." (p. 23)
- "New media efforts will be scrutinized by management as budgets shift. Be prepared to measure." (p. 23)
- They're correct in emphasizing the importance of strategy and process beyond the tools.
- Twenty-seven SMMS providers were evaluated (!!!). Why so many? Like they say, low barriers to entry - after all, API's are so easy, right? (They're not. Easy to get in. Hard to do well.)
- Social is a very different beast. The TL;DR is page 23. Then flip to page 14 to see an excellent radar of the space.
Blatant Call Out (I head up research at Syncapse):
- In that ranking of 27 SMMS, Syncapse scored 'strong capabilities' in 4 out of the 5 use cases, and 'above average' in the other one. Syncapse was the only partner to score so well.
The report is a must read if you have any interest in this space, starting a strategy, or preparing a RFP.
I'm Christopher Berry.
I tweet about analytics @cjpberry
I write at christopherberry.ca